We all get overwhelmed from time to time. Perhaps you are distracted by things that keep you from focusing on what matters most.
In this episode of The WealthBuilders Podcast, host and Vice President Karen Conrad Metcalfe welcomes Brant Epperhart to the show to help us focus on what truly matters: faith, family, and purpose.
Click here to listen to the podcast, or keep reading the shownotes below.
- Brant has been married 19 years. He and his wife Abi have four sons, and they planted Legacy Church 13 years ago where he serves as lead pastor.
- In addition, Brant is also the CFO at Denver Christian School, where his sons attend. This leaves more than enough responsibilities to manage! How does Brant do it? Through a commitment to leading a life of stewardship to their callings from God. He and Abi are dedicated to family and faith above all else.
1. Family, marriage, and purpose should be your main focus for 2024.
- Make Jesus famous in your home first before embarking on other assignments.
- Busyness has become a distraction in many people’s homes.
- When we get back to the simple basics in life, we can focus on our core values.
- People should focus on their purpose in life and on activities that have an eternal impact.
2. You can overcome challenges in life with practical solutions.
- When you face difficulties in your family life or business, do not give up when things get hard.
- Like a jet breaking the sound barrier, things might seem shaky at first, but it eventually smooths out when you break through.
- Start to build routines and habits that will help you succeed.
- Establishing routines and habits can be a safeguard against distractions.
- Create checklists, schedule routine meetings, and find ways to be productive while avoiding distractions.
- Make family and relationships a priority.
- Habits like praying together at the start and end of each day and checking in with each other throughout the day are important.
3. Purpose should be at the forefront of your focus.
- A person’s purpose often stems from their identity in Christ.
- Focus on how you are living a purposeful life in your current season rather than your future desires.
- Think about who you are in Christ, what you are called to do, and what you can bring to the Kingdom in your everyday life to discover your purpose.
4. Examine your motives.
- When you are seeking immediate changes in your life, it is important to examine your motives.
- If the motive is for relief, trust in God’s plan and release any lingering grudges or past hurts.
5. Let go of distractions.
- Sometimes, we have to let go of good things in life in order to make room for God’s purpose.
- This could mean relinquishing enjoyable things (like watching college football) in order to spend time with God.
- Find moments of solitude to connect with God in the busyness of life.
Brant Epperhart is the son of WealthBuilders founders Billy and Becky Epperhart. This fan favorite will be a keynote speaker at The WealthBuilders Conference.
During his session, Brant plans to share about a fruitful family life, marriage, and business. If you would like to learn more about how to grow in family, faith, and purpose this year, click here to get your tickets so you do not miss a session!