Jesus said that “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full” (John 10:10). But how do we experience the fullness of life that Jesus offers? In this episode of The WealthBuilders Podcast, Dave Metcalfe and Karen Conrad Metcalfe share 5 practical insights from the Gospel of John that you can implement today.
1. Experience God’s Quality of Life
John 10:10 “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.”
John 17:3 “And this is eternal life, that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.”
1 John 4:16-17 “So we have come to know (experience) and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as he is so also are we in this world.”
2. Glorify God and Accomplish His Will
John 17:4 “I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do.”
3. Experience the Revealed Names of God
John 17:6 “I have manifested (revealed) your name to the people whom you gave me out of the world. Yours they were, and you gave them to me, and they have kept your word.”
Yaweh-Jireh. “God’s provision shall be seen”
Genesis 22:14 Abraham “The Lord will provide”
I thank You Father that…
- Jesus has given us all things. (Romans 8:32)
- Jesus has given me the abundant life. (John 10:10)
- All of God’s promises are mine in Jesus. (2 Corinthians 1:20)
- I am complete in Jesus. (Colossians 1:12)
- Jesus is my Provider. I am free from the curse of poverty. (Galatians 3:13)
- God has qualified me to receive the inheritance of Heaven. (1 Peter 1:3-5)
- All your blessings come on me and overtake me. I am blessed, and I am a blessing wherever I go.
- You give me the increase.
- You make me plenteous in goods. You bless the work of my hands.
- You have delivered me from borrowing. The wealth of the wicked is laid up for me.
4. Experience the Word of God
John 17:17 “Sanctify (set apart) them in the truth; your word is truth.”
Statements based upon the Word:
- I believe and trust in the goodness of God’s character and motives. I’m confident of who He is and that I matter to Him. I give Him my cares, and desires to Him, and rest in Him as I walk in His promises.
- 1 Chronicles 4:10 “Jabez called upon the God of Israel, saying, “Oh that you would bless me and enlarge my border, and that your hand might be with me, and that you would keep me from harm so that it might not bring me pain!” And God granted what he asked.”
- I already have the same power inside me the raised Jesus from the dead. Ephesians 1:19.
- I have the authority to use that power. Death and life are in the power of my tongue. Proverbs 18:21.
- I put myself in remembrance of all His benefits: He’s forgiven all of my iniquities; healed me of every disease; redeemed me from the pit; crowned me with loving kindness and renews my youth as the eagle. Psalms 103:2-5
- I walk with God on His highway of light, and my path shines brighter and brighter until they bring forth the perfect day. Proverbs 4:18
- God WILL supply ALL my needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.. (Phil 4:19)
- I cast ALL my anxiety on Him, because He cares for me. (1 Pet 5:7)
- He IS before ALL things, and in Him ALL things hold together (Col 1:17)
- In Christ I have been made complete. (Col 2:10)
- One thing I do; forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal of the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. (Phil 3:13-14)
5. Become One with God and share His Glory
John 17:21-23 “ that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me.“