“It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.” Galatians 5:1 (NIV)
Knowing how to say no isn’t always easy, but it’s an essential life skill. We must know how to say no to good things so we can say yes to God things. Check out this episode of The WealthBuilders Podcast for tips on how to respectfully say no without feeling guilty.
When To Say No To an Opportunity:
- When you’re stressed to the max
- If you’re feeling overwhelmed
- There’s already too much on your plate
- If you’re in the middle of a time sensitive project that requires most of your time
- When you’re exhausted
- When you’re ill
- If the opportunity goes against your core beliefs
- When someone else is better suited for the project
How to Say No To an Opportunity:
• Be Honest
– Don’t make up excuses.
• Be Clear
– “Let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’” — Matthew 5:37
• Let them know if you’d be able to help at a later date.
– A no today doesn’t mean a no forever.
Want to learn more about when and how to say no? Listen on The WealthBuilders Podcast and learn how to pursue your purpose with intentional boundaries.