Imagine stepping into a world where you can shape entire spheres of society with biblical principles. Well, you don’t have to use your imagination to experience it.
In this week’s episode of The WealthBuilders Podcast, “The Seven Mountains: Merging Faith & Marketplace for Impact,” host Karen Conrad Metcalfe discusses this level of influence with her husband and guest host, David Metcalfe.
David, the pastor of global development for Gateway Church in Southlake, Texas, also helped found the Bethel School of Supernatural Business. In this podcast, he reveals seven pivotal spheres of influence and sheds light on how Christ-followers can lead with purpose, passion, and profound understanding.
Listen to this podcast here, or read the shownotes below.
The Seven Mountains
- The seven mountains are seven spheres of influence in the world: government, education, family, media, arts and entertainment, business, and religion.
- These mountains shape the way people think, act, and believe.
- God wants to use us to transform these mountains by bringing His Kingdom influence into them.
The History of the Seven Mountains
- The concept of the seven mountains was first introduced in 1975 by Loren Cunningham, the founder of Youth With A Mission.
- Cunningham believed that God was calling young people to go into these spheres of influence and bring His Kingdom to them.
- In 1982, Lance Wallnau envisioned the seven mountains as mountains that God wanted to conquer.
- He began to teach about the seven mountains and how they could be used for marketplace transformation.
How to Use the Seven Mountains
- The seven mountains can be used as a tool for prayer, planning, and strategy.
- When we pray for the seven mountains, we are asking God to bring His Kingdom influence into them.
- When we plan and strategize for the seven mountains, we are seeking to align our work with God’s purposes.
- The seven mountains are not just physical places, but also spheres of influence.
- For example, the government mountain includes not only the government itself, but also the media, the education system, and other institutions that shape the way people think about government.
- The seven mountains are interconnected. What happens in one mountain can have an impact on the others.
- For example, if we can transform the government mountain, it can have a ripple effect on the other mountains.
- The seven mountains are a call to action. God is calling us to partner with Him to transform the world.
- We can do this by praying for the seven mountains, planning and strategizing for them, and working in them to bring His Kingdom influence.
- Jeremiah 17:7-8 encourages listeners to trust in the Lord and to be rooted in Him.
- When we are rooted in the Lord, we will not fear in times of trouble or drought.
The Marketplace as a Ministry
- The marketplace is not just a place to make money. It is also a place to make a difference for God.
- When we live and work in the marketplace, we have the opportunity to share the love of Christ with others and to bring His Kingdom influence into our sphere of influence.
- We can do this by being salt and light in the marketplace, by being good stewards of our resources, and by being ethical and fair in our business dealings.
- The seven mountains are a powerful tool for marketplace transformation.
- By understanding the seven mountains and praying for them, we can partner with God to bring His Kingdom to the world.
- We can also use the seven mountains to guide our work in the marketplace and make a difference for Christ.
- The 2023 Wealth Builders Business & Nonprofit Workshop can teach us how to be rooted in the Lord and to make a difference in the marketplace.