One of the foundational pieces to our prayer life is meditating on Scriptures. Sometimes, I will be reading my Bible and a Scripture pops out at me. Often, it speaks to what I’m going through in life at that moment. Other times, I know I need help in an area of life, so I pray certain Scriptures over my life. Today, I wanted to list out some of the greatest Bible verses on leadership for you. These have personally helped me in my own life, and I pray they help you today as well. If one sticks out to you as you’re going down the list, I encourage you to write it down. Stick it somewhere you’ll see it on a daily basis. I believe God has something to teach you!
Leadership as Exemplified in the Bible
- “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” Jeremiah 1:5
- “So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.” Matthew 7:12
- “Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant,” Matthew 20:26
- “Be sure you know the condition of your flocks, give careful attention to your herds; for riches do not endure forever, and a crown is not secure for all generations.” Proverbs 27:23-24
- “From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.” Ephesians 4:16
- “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters,” Colossians 3:22
- “Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.” 1 Timothy 4:12
- “And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9
- “Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.” Philippians 2:3
- “Where there is no guidance, a people falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety.” Proverbs 11:4
- “And I will give you shepherds after my own heart, who will feed you with knowledge and understanding.” Jeremiah 3:15
- “Where there is no guidance the people fall, But in abundance of counselors there is victory.” Proverbs 11:14
- “So he shepherded them according to the integrity of his heart, And guided them with his skillful hands.” Psalm 78:72
- ” Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders of thousands, of hundreds, of fifties and of tens.” Exodus 18:21
- “Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary.” Galatians 6:9
- “He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, And he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city” Proverbs 16:32
- “Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might…” Ecclesiastes 9:10
- “Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good” Romas 12:21
- “Also do not take to heart everything people say, Lest you hear your servant cursing you.” Ecclesiastes 7:21
- “Whoever guards his mouth and tongue, Keeps his soul from troubles.” Proverbs 21:23
Which Bible verses on leadership popped out at you today? I encourage you to leave it in the comments below or in your journal. Reflect on what that verse can teach you! Are there any you think I left out? Let me know in the comments!
Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” Jeremiah 1:5
That is a great one, thank you for sharing!
#20…I talk too much
We all have had to learn that lesson at some point in our life!
17 is a good one!
Jeremiah 1:5. A couple of things this morning have happened that remind me “I am set a part.”
Yes, such a good one!
For me 19
Yes, that one spoke to me as well!
Was du dir vornimmst, lässt er dir gelingen, und das Licht wird auf deinen Wegen scheinen. (Luther-German)
You will succeed in all you do, and light will shine on your path. (Good News – English)