I always say that the first investment anyone makes should be in themselves. But what does that look like? One of the most straightforward ways to learn is through reading. Now, with services like Audible, it’s easier than ever to consume multiple books a week. If you read a book a week that amounts to 52 books a year. Just think about the variety of knowledge you could learn! With that, here is my reading list of 20 books that will transform your view of money.
- 24 Essential Lessons for Investment Success by William J. O’Neil
- Secrets of Jewish Wealth Revealed by Celso Cukierkorn
- Finding Meaning in the Second Half of Life: How to Finally, Really Grow Up by James Hollis, Ph.D.
- More than Enough: The 10 Keys to Changing Your Financial Destiny by Dave Ramsey
- Do What You Love, the Money Will Follow by Marsha Sinetar
- Dead Aid: Why Aid is Not Working and How There is a Better Way for Africa by Dambisa Moyo
- Sustainable Banking with the Poor: Microfinance Handbook, an Institutional and Financial Perspective by Joanna Ledgerwood
- A Billion Bootstraps: Microcredit, Barefoot Banking, and the Business Solution for Ending Poverty by Philip Smith and Eric Thurman
Business / Kingdom Vision
- Pour Your Heart into It: How Starbucks Built a Company One Cup at a Time by Howard Schultz
- Garden City by John Mark Comer
- What is Your One Sentence?: How to be Heard in the Age of Short Attention Spans by Mimi Goss
- Anointed for Business: How to Use Your Influence in the Marketplace to Change the World by Ed Silvoso
- Good Work: Good Work: How Blue Collar Business Can Change Lives, Communities, and the World by Dave Hataj
- Business Model Generation by Alexander Osterwalder and Yves Pigneur
- The Beginner’s Guide to Real Estate Investing by Gary W. Eldred, Ph.D.
- Successful Real Estate Investing: How to Avoid the 75 Most Costly Mistakes Every Investor Makes by Robert Shemin
- Flipping Properties: Generate Instant Cash Profits in Real Estate by William Bronchick and Robert Dahlstrom
- The Travels of a T-Shirt in the Global Economy: An Economist Examines the Markets, Power, and Politics of World Trade by Pietra Rivoli
- Aftershock: Protect Yourself and Profit in the Next Global Financial Meltdown by David Wiedemer, Robert A. Wiedemer, and Cindy S. Spitzer
- Trading in the Shadow of Smart Money by Gavin Holmes
Have you read any of the books on this list? Or, do you have any recommendations? Please, let me know in the comments!
Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki is an excellent read. Thanks for sharing this list.
It’s a great book, Jonathan! We’re glad to hear that it has impacted you as well. God bless!
i haven’t read any books on this book list, but I have just finished reading your book Money Mastery. This is an excellent book. I really had very little knowledge of financial literacy. I found your book to be quite informative for a beginner and very influential of assisting in building up the Kingdom. I would recommend your book 20 times over. By the way I have signed up for your real estate workshop. I’m looking forward to it!
Thank you for your encouragement, Robin! We will relay the message to Billy and Becky, and we look forward to seeing you (virtually) at the Real Estate Workshop!
Anointed for Business changed my whole perspective of the Bible, as Ed looked at it from a business perspective. I attended a presentation by Ed, just before his book came out. I still have the PowerPoint notes because it was so impactful. Through Ed’s insights, many business people can now see their part in God’s purposes.
Another excellent book is “Poverty, Riches, and Wealth” by Kris Vallotton. Although he is very anointed for business, he had to get out from the restriction of the poverty mindset.
Sam Walton’s autobiography, “Made in America”, lets us see how God directed and developed him. Sam’s honor for all people is a foundation of his company. It also highlights generational business. Last year, Walmart was still prospering in tough times. God keeps multiplying the blessings.
“The Generosity Factor” is a masterful story of a heart shift into the joy of giving. It is fictional but is based on the founder of Chick-Fil-A. With short chapters and main characters named only as The Broker and The Executive, it is refreshing and delightful. It is written by Ken Blanchard and S. Truett Cathy.
These are wonderful suggestions! Thank you for your input.
THANKS FOR SHARING THOUGH NOT READ ANY OF THE LISTED BOOKS. NOW WHERE CAN I FOUND ANY OF THESE BOOKS ESPECIALY THE MONEY MASTERY BEING HERE IN ZAMBIA? AM SUPER ENCOURAGED TO NOTE THAT FOR ONE TO TICK IN EVERY INDUSTRY ONE NEEDS THE EDUCATION, THANKS ALOT AND GOD BLESS.
Hello! Thank you for your support of WealthBuilders. We aren’t currently shipping internationally, but we do have a digital version of Money Mastery available for sale! I hope this helps: https://www.wealthbuilders.org/product/money-mastery-book-digital-version/
Also, many of the recommended books on the list can be purchased on amazon.com
Thank you for this list. Much appreciated
I totally agree with Robin Flowers I am not only reading but studying your book Money mastery.
I have wbuniversity.online .I have been a missionary for decades and was zero on Business .your courses changed me and educated me.