I always say that the first investment anyone makes should be in themselves. But what does that look like? One of the most straightforward ways to learn is through reading. Now, with services like Audible, it’s easier than ever to consume multiple books a week. If you read a book a week that amounts to 52 books a year. Just think about the variety of knowledge you could learn! With that, here is my reading list of 20 books that will transform your view of money.
- 24 Essential Lessons for Investment Success by William J. O’Neil
- Secrets of Jewish Wealth Revealed by Celso Cukierkorn
- Finding Meaning in the Second Half of Life: How to Finally, Really Grow Up by James Hollis, Ph.D.
- More than Enough: The 10 Keys to Changing Your Financial Destiny by Dave Ramsey
- Do What You Love, the Money Will Follow by Marsha Sinetar
- Dead Aid: Why Aid is Not Working and How There is a Better Way for Africa by Dambisa Moyo
- Sustainable Banking with the Poor: Microfinance Handbook, an Institutional and Financial Perspective by Joanna Ledgerwood
- A Billion Bootstraps: Microcredit, Barefoot Banking, and the Business Solution for Ending Poverty by Philip Smith and Eric Thurman
Business / Kingdom Vision
- Pour Your Heart into It: How Starbucks Built a Company One Cup at a Time by Howard Schultz
- Garden City by John Mark Comer
- What is Your One Sentence?: How to be Heard in the Age of Short Attention Spans by Mimi Goss
- Anointed for Business: How to Use Your Influence in the Marketplace to Change the World by Ed Silvoso
- Good Work: Good Work: How Blue Collar Business Can Change Lives, Communities, and the World by Dave Hataj
- Business Model Generation by Alexander Osterwalder and Yves Pigneur
- The Beginner’s Guide to Real Estate Investing by Gary W. Eldred, Ph.D.
- Successful Real Estate Investing: How to Avoid the 75 Most Costly Mistakes Every Investor Makes by Robert Shemin
- Flipping Properties: Generate Instant Cash Profits in Real Estate by William Bronchick and Robert Dahlstrom
- The Travels of a T-Shirt in the Global Economy: An Economist Examines the Markets, Power, and Politics of World Trade by Pietra Rivoli
- Aftershock: Protect Yourself and Profit in the Next Global Financial Meltdown by David Wiedemer, Robert A. Wiedemer, and Cindy S. Spitzer
- Trading in the Shadow of Smart Money by Gavin Holmes
Have you read any of the books on this list? Or, do you have any recommendations? Please, let me know in the comments!