Whether you’re just starting the game or have been playing for years, there is always opportunity to step it up. All of these skills together probably won’t come innately to you. But you can start learning through seminars, books, workshops, classes, etc. Or even just listening to someone you know who is in the know.
For instance, social media doesn’t come naturally to me! But I like to understand the mechanics behind what my team does. So I ask questions until I get it. As a problem solver and one who generates ideas, I can now communicate to them on what I want to see happen with social media.
Not all of these six skills came naturally to me, but all of them have been valuable!
6 Skills that Will Help You Master Entrepreneurship
- Social–The ability to communicate and relate to people cannot be underestimated when it comes to entrepreneurialism! From communicating to investors to relating to clientele, you have to be able to be open, clear and friendly.
- Management–At some point in your time as an entrepreneur, you will probably be in charge of some people. Learning how to effectively manage will really affect how your team works and whether or not they stick with you long term. If you are managing well, then your team will be happy and that will translate to the work they’re doing for you!
- Problem Solving–Problems will come. It is inevitable in the entrepreneur game. But you can be prepared by attempting to have an attitude of problem solving. Keep abreast of current trends in business. By researching what other people are doing, you will have an arsenal of problem solving techniques.
Then, when a problem arises, instead of giving up, you can take a moment to think it out. Who knows, maybe that strategy you read about will suddenly become relevant!
- Idea Generating–Another benefit of researching what others are doing in the business is that you will have an active mind to consider new ideas and plans. Chances are your business will always have room for improvement. I like to send my team articles on what other entrepreneurs are doing so that we can always be on the lookout for something that will enhance our work!
- Organizational–Studying and knowing systems will really change your game. Instead of haphazardly throwing a team or protocol together, know what plans actually work well. Always start your business as though you were already in the middle of running it.
Put your professional foot forward from the first. Give anyone you’re working with boundaries and protocols. Go ahead and put systems in place that you might not fully use yet. Believe in your growth by preparing for it now.
- Financial–Numbers might not be your favorite thing, but you’re going to need some ability to grasp them in order to survive. Start learning about how to get start-up capital and income streams. Yes, you can have an accountant and a financial partner, but it will never hurt you to know as much as you can about the numbers.
This will especially be of help when communicating what you want to happen to your accountant or financial partner. You’ll already have a grasp on what you can do financially.
How are you doing when it comes to these six skills? If you need some improvement, don’t be afraid to reach out to others more knowledgeable about a certain topic. Also spend time researching, reading, and listening to audio books or podcasts.
What is a skill you have that has maximized your entrepreneur game?
Want to up your business game in 2017? Come to the Wealthbuilders Conference February 3rd-5th! There is a holiday special happening now. Grab your tickets here.